Thursday, May 6, 2010

take me out to the ball game

An important lesson in photography: never go anywhere without your camera!

If there is any rule of photography that I wholeheartedly agree with (but don't always obey) it's that one. I, of all people, know that it's like to be there at a one-in-a-million moment . . . and not have my camera.

On the flip side, I also know what it's like to be there at a one-in-a-million moment with my camera and not have the reflexes to catch the moment. Or what it's like to lug your camera around for hours and not get a single moment that even classifies as 1,000-in-a-million.

I'm not a clamoring baseball fanatic, but I enjoy the game and got to watch my cousin Aaron, a senior in high school, play a home double header against a team up the valley. It wasn't the most exciting pair of games since our team won both quite lopsidedly, and though I had my camera and took some pictures of Aaron playing, it was from outside the fence that the most interesting shots came:

I discovered these two little boys playing their own version of baseball on the grass outside the fence by first base. :) Don't they look like they're having fun?

0 wonderful note(s):

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...