Monday, May 17, 2010

green

So many flowers! I can't help noticing them . . . they scream for attention in reds, oranges, purples, and yellows. And what I notice is what I photograph and pass on to you.

But not everything is that noticeable.

We see the flowers, but do we see the leaves? Late spring in Goldendale explodes with green. But a day or two into it, it's hard to even really notice the green anymore. It's overshadowed by the blazing colors of fruit blossoms and flower beds.

Green happens to be my very favorite color. It can contrast between coolly calm and vibrantly energetic, camouflage and totally obvious; but all greens have one thing in common. They signify life. The green of a cat's eyes; the green shoots marching in rows down the garden; even the green light at a traffic stop--they all mean life and movement.

In honor of green, then.

 

 
Our place is the epicenter of green! The orchard grass is green and we've started to irrigate; the barley is sprouting; the trees are leafing. Don't you love green??

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You are the Absolute, best photographer I have seen yet on blogger!!! I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS HALLIE JO!

    Can't wait to see more!

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love green!!! Probably at least half of what I wear is green. :) Great pics as always!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...