Wednesday, June 2, 2010

junuary

We had a fire in our woodstove this morning.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the second day of June. Maybe it would be wise to explain that to June.

I was up at 5:30 with enthusiastic ambitions to have a great early-morning photo shoot in the irrigated orchardgrass field. The waist-high seed heads glimmering like diamonds in the light of the rising sun . . . the pipes slick with creek water . . . the dawning of a fresh and perfect day.

Yeah, right.

Yes, I love rain. No, I have not changed my mind. But come on, couldn't I have just this one hour of sun?!

I went ahead with my photo shoot, without the desired results. Then I tucked the camera back into its case and my sister and I changed the irrigation set as always.

We were wet.

 You've gotta love irrigation season . . .

1. The greeting of facial spray from the leaky valve really gets the drowsiness out of the system and the heartbeat up to speed.
2. Think of all the clean morning oxygen going straight to the brain! Algebra should be a breeze. . . .
3. And what a great whole-body workout. Walking and running, pushing and pulling, lifting and hauling, yanking and cranking. And surely trudging through tangled waist-high grass with soaked jeans and boots full of water is as good as using ankle weights . . . ?

0 wonderful note(s):

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...