Friday, January 1, 2016

welcome, 2016

The beginning of a new year is always a pensive transition, a time of mulling and imagining, of ruminating on the year past and hoping for the year to come. This time around, the hope and imagination seem to have come a bit slow - not that I feel hopeless by any means, but that this hope has been slow to take a tangible form. I am not quite sure what I'm looking for on the horizon of this new year... but I have a few ideas.


to be

abiding and surrendered
bold and genuine
a guardian of the things that matter



to learn

German
self-defense and shooting
better music, acting, photography, and other arts
to stop apologizing



to do

visit Florida
commit my business ventures to God
move forward with my manuscript
continually study the Scriptures
savor His grace and truth





to love

the LORD, my God, with all of myself
His people, the Church
the precious husband and family and friends He has gifted to me

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...