Friday, August 30, 2013

flashback

 

Do you remember this?

I didn’t say it then, but that particular day, something changed. February 25, 2012, next to a gurgling little waterfall amid the roar of the Klickitat River, I became Sam’s girlfriend. And eighteen months and one day later (Sam is ever the sentimentalist!), we went back.

TreesSDL14SDL4SDL7SDL17SDL18SDL24SDL19

August 26, 2013, next to a waterfall that runs dry this time of year and a Klickitat River flowing lazily with the dwindling mountain snowmelt and rains, something else changed.

ring2

I became Sam’s wife-to-be.

:)

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!! it's gorgeous!!!!! :) Congrats, Hallie!!! You two are SOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, this made me tear up. i am just so so happy for you both!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Hallie! Welcome to the fam.
    Your ring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations officially, since I never actually said it aloud :) Agree with Teresa: Your ring is beautiful. Agree with Emily: I love everything about this post. With Laura: I didn't actually tear up, but it was awesome. With Becca: You two are perfect for each other.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.My.Gosh.
    AHHH!!!
    Congratssss! Your ring is so beautiful!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm sooo happy for you! Congratulations! That is so exciting! Your ring is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you Hallie! You guys are going to make an awesome MARRIED couple! Love you lots and miss you even more =) ps. beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...