Wednesday, February 16, 2011

wild goose chase

Well, not really a goose chase… more like a Mallard duck chase. Or we could generalize it to wild picture chase, because in the end, that’s what it all boils down to.

This is “Harry” and “Hilda.”
Duck5
More likely, they are neighboring duplicates of “the” Harry and Hilda who frequent our pond, but my little sister doesn’t know that.

Ducks are really, really hard to take pictures of. Maybe not as bad as snipes or Virginia rails, but still… there is nothing more infuriating than creeping down to get a closeup shot, only to have them either swim away with arrogant grace (and they can swim so fast!) or explode from the water into panicked flight, never to be heard from again.

DuckDuck2Duck3Duck4
They also enjoy hiding their faces from the camera entirely. Sigh.

Duck8
Duck6
After failing to keep the ducks on the pond, I did some “fine art” type of photography in the barn. Not much there to be considered fine art, but I thought these shots of an old, idle halter turned out kinda cool.

Duck10Duck13Duck14Duck17
It won’t be idle for too long, though, if spring comes as early as I hope it does. (Don’t tell Drem I said that!)

1 comment:

  1. Those are some cool pictures of the ducks! You did a better job taking pictures of them then I would have :) I REALLY like the pictures of the halter!!!! I love halters saddels and all that kind of horse stuff! ;)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...