Friday, October 1, 2010

good-bye, time

Okay, I know it's October first. The very thought makes me want to scream! I've had to let so many activities (including blogging, obviously) go for the sake of school. I'm sure I won't regret my diploma when I get it, but at the moment, it's very frustrating.

I really will try to do better. I used to be able to post every few days on our desktop computer at home. Two major changes: I have a laptop now, and I no longer have two to three hours to spend waiting for my pictures to load on dial up. :(

September was an interesting month. I started attending half a day's classes at the high school in Goldendale, so rather than being home schooled full time I'm taking 2 college classes and 2 high school classes. Going to the public school has been a big change for me, but I love adventures and I love people, so it hasn't been too hard.

The good news is that I'm still taking pictures! And who wouldn't be in the gorgeous golden light of autumn?

Look at the background...
About six of these mule deer were grazing with the horses. :)

I played with this picture to get a feeling of vastness and just to make it look cool. Then I added another picture to it as a design for a book cover:
I LOVE designing book covers!!

There's a certain shadow across the face of Mr. Adams this time of year as the sun shifts position a little further south.

 My beautiful Drem, grazing in a patch of wildflowers. Does it get any better?

Here's a sepia of our copious quantities of hay. With all the rain we got last spring, the farmers in the area got a bumper crop, including us. Sadly, there aren't as many buyers are there are tons of hay! And we lost our best hay--second cutting orchard grass--to the early September rains. But God always knows what he's doing!! Happy October!!!

 Joel 2:23
"Be glad, O people of Zion,
rejoice in the LORD your God,
for he has given you
the autumn rains in righteousness.
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before."

0 wonderful note(s):

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...