Tuesday, February 3, 2015

things i’m thinking about today

 

 Olympia3OlympiaOlympia5 Olympia4Olympia6LokiThorThis is my husband’s brand new fire helmet for his new job. Isn’t it pretty? I think Thor and Loki want to be firefighters too…    

  • Minimalism. A less complicated life sounds so nice. I find that I feel like streamlining every area of my existence, from possessions (I keep overhauling my closet and it feels so good to get rid of stuff) to my business plan to the number of apps I keep on my phone. Less stuff, less time wasted, it seems. Have any of you guys ever ventured into minimizing different areas of your life?
  • Work. I have to leave in 20 minutes for my first workday of the week, teaching three classes of gymnastics to kids ages 6-10. Usually fun, sometimes infuriating, always exhausting.
  • Jeremiah. My church just started a sermon series on the Weeping Prophet, and I’m really excited to study his book again. Words like this could so easily be applied to our own nation today:

To whom shall I speak and give warning that they may hear? Behold, their ears are closed and they cannot listen. Behold, the Word of the Lord has become contemptible to them; they have no delight in it.
Jeremiah 6:10

  • Writing. I’m working on the second draft of the book I started in November. I completely changed the outline to be more organized and efficient, and just finished the first chapter on John 17:3. Writing again has been so fun and fresh and good for my soul… the truth is that I love the Word and I love to teach and I love to write. Onward and upward to chapter two!
  • The seemingly small chores that make up housekeeping and wifedom. I was talking to my mom a few weeks ago about how I often have such a bad attitude toward these little to-do lists. I remember she said, “Well, someone has to do them.” I was mortified that my first thought in response was, “Why does it have to be me?” What ugly pride! I have no merits that make me above doing dishes, above vacuuming carpets, above making dinner and changing sheets and washing towels. I do not “deserve” a grander place in the world by some inherent right. I am exactly the same as every other person ever born: sinful and meritless, but graciously favored by God. Who am I to scoff at serving Him even in what might look like the smallest of ways?

Anyway, the gymnastics center awaits. What are you thinking about today?

1 comment:

  1. I like reading about your thoughts and what you've been doing lately. I'm proud of my brother-in-law! That's an awesome helmet.

    Have you been getting rid of tons of clothes again? I feel like I never get rid of clothes anymore.

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...