Wednesday, December 22, 2010

have a holly jolly christmas

It's the best time of the year... I don't know if there'll be snow, but have a cup of cheer....!!!

Alright, I'll stop singing now. :) I've noticed in the last several hours with my sisters that much of our communication derives from either song lyrics or movie and book quotes. Amazing how if you put all those things together in the correct order, you find that multiple someones said exactly the right words once upon a time to equate what you now want to say. Sometimes you don't even have to mix and match.
Ornament
And some quotes just fit so often that you use them in almost every conversation. With the required accent, of course.

The biggest problem is the inevitable need to finish the entire movie conversation once you start.
Ornament2Ornament4Ornament5
I would demonstrate this to you, but it has to come at the spur of the moment. Since I just sat here for five minutes trying to think of a good universal quote to start off an entire conversation from memory, I inevitably couldn’t do it.

It’ll come to me.
Ornament3

In the meantime, I’ve been practicing a lot of photographic “technique” lately, with both picture taking itself and with editing.
Ornament6Ornament7Ornament8

Ornament9Ornament10


Ornament11Ornament12

A lot of this practice has been on the Christmas decorations you see above, which has been a great adventure in lighting. But I’ve also been editing Amanda’s senior pictures, which I took in the fall:
Amanda copyAmanda copy-2Amanda

It’s so much fun…
Amanda2-3


Amanda30Amanda30-2Amanda30-3

Amanda5Amanda5-2 copy copyAmanda5-2 copy

Amanda5-2Amanda5-4Amanda5-5

Amanda8-4Amanda11 copy

“There. Shall I disgrace you, do you think?” (Yes, this is a good universal quote that I actually do use in conversations relatively frequently. And how could I say it without finishing the conversation?)

“You look very pretty, Lizzy—as you are well aware.”

“Oh Jane. I should much rather stay here with you! Those imperious sisters wish me miles away, though your Mr. Bingley is civil and attentive.”

“He is not my Mr. Bingley, Lizzy.”

“Oh, I think he is. Or he very soon will be.”

(Pride & Prejudice, 1995 version. The scene when Jane is sick and Netherfield and Lizzy has to go sit in the drawing room with Mr. Darcy, Mr. Bingley, Mr. and Mrs. Hurst, and Miss Bingley.)

Told you it’d come to me. :)

Amanda40 copyAmanda18-2

… Have a holly jolly Christmas, and in case you didn’t hear:

oh, by golly, have a holly jolly Christmas this year!!!

3 comments:

  1. We quote to each other all the time too =) Sometime we will all have to get together and see just how far we can go. Laura must be there to make sure we get each line correct since she seems to know them all!
    Suze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post....I love that you operate the exact same way I do! I quote aaaaaalllll the time and yes, you are so right, once you start a quote you have to just keep going! Glad I'm not the only one!
    You make me really want to watch Pride and Prejudice!
    Merry Christmas to you and your whole family, Halz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family doesn't go a day without quoting a movie, and then of course, finishing at least the whole scene, if not several more ;). Our most common movies are the Narnia's (new ones), and more recently, The Legends of the Guardians and Prince of Persia. It is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...