Thursday, December 30, 2010

rain, shine, and snow

 

We didn’t have the best of weather for my latest Amanda photo shoot. Rain in deluge form one day, a few brief lapses of sunlight in the middle, and flurries of snow the next day—all with really cold temperatures—were severe limitations on quantity, but hopefully not quality, of pictures! Amanda bore it with pretty good patience (most of the time!) and I don’t think it’s a session we’ll forget.

 

Amanda4

 

Amanda10Amanda12

 

Amanda16Amanda17

 

Meet Oso, Amanda’s massive rainbow umbrella.

 

(I got a black-and-white one, which sadly didn’t end up in any photos, but I haven’t named it yet… ideas?)

 

Meet the amazing pictures Oso helps to make.

 

Amanda18Amanda19

 

I really appreciated Oso… not just as a prop, but because it was pouring down rain, and Amanda wasn’t even wearing a coat. I had to shed my coat eventually, as well, because she’s never satisfied to pose for me if I don’t pose for her in return!!

 

Amanda20Amanda24

 

Amanda25

 

Amanda27Amanda28Amanda30

 

Amanda32Amanda33

 

Amanda34Amanda35

 

Amanda36Amanda37Amanda38

 

Amanda39Amanda40Amanda41

 

Amanda42Amanda43Amanda44Amanda45Amanda46Amanda48

 

Amanda49

Not sure we could have made it without our hot chai lattes!! Especially when, in alternating sunlight and snow showers, we went to the river for pictures on the boat dock. Freezing cold gusts of wind really abbreviated our time there!

 

Amanda50

 

Amanda51Amanda54

 

Amanda52Amanda53Amanda56

 

Amanda55Amanda57

 

Amanda58Amanda59Amanda60

 

Amanda61Amanda63

 

We had a lot of fun trying NOT to fall in… especially when, during my posing, a very large fish fin popped up near the dock, belonging to a creepy-looking two-foot something-or-other.

AmandaCam Tres 113AmandaCam Tres 118

This is what I thought of the situation:

HallieIsh43

 

So yes… only slightly creepy!

 

Amanda62

 

We had such a great time, despite the weather. I think I’m addicted to portraits now.

 

And Oso. :)

1 comment:

  1. You need to name it Zebra. Yes, I will stick with that. And who in the WORLD is that gorgeous lady you photographed?? I need to set her up with a wonderful young man someday that she can annoy for the rest of her life :P
    But then again, I think she prefers that role for you ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...