Wednesday, March 16, 2016

untitled







There are so many ideas swirling in my brain, waiting to make it to a page, but they're still so clumsy and undeveloped, like baby birds fledged too soon. I sometimes hate this stage of mental processing, when there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to my thoughts and yet I know that somehow they all interconnect. But I have also begun to get used to it, begun to accustom myself to flailing a little, to taking the time to slow down and listen and breathe and wait for God to clarify and redirect. I have started to appreciate the in-between period when I can both see the hand of God in the process of working and wait expectantly to see the result.

God has been teaching me, and this place of learning is such a delightful and refreshing place to be. For awhile I thought I was utterly isolated, irredeemable; I know what it is to panic in the pitch-black and feel irrevocably lost. And I think that's what makes this awkward time of idea-fledging and humble re-learning so sweet: just being able to see again a shaft of light, and know that the Truth still reigns and that whatever I have been or failed to be, I am not alone.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, dear! Sometimes I feel like I am flailing for years trying to make sense of circumstances, ideas, etc. One thing is for sure, we are never alone in our struggle.

    Your photos are absolutely breathtaking, by the way. You captured the magic hour perfectly in all its golden and pink dusk glory. Thank you for sharing!

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, just some gorgeous pictures! :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...