Tuesday, January 11, 2011

red sky in the morning

Sailor’s warning.

I wonder if that means it actually will snow this time.

Mt8
Yeah, here are the fifteen-degree-sunrise pictures I promised. Hope you all appreciate them, because to be honest, I would rather have stayed in bed that extra hour this morning!

They didn’t turn out as well as I hoped. That lovely slab of clouds you see messed up the intended outcome. No blazing red ball, and no pink snow on Mt. Adams. Guess I’ll have to try again another morning.

Mt9Mt10Mt11
Not one bit of all that color reflected off Mt. Adams. Unbelievable, isn’t it?

Mt7
Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. This was a few nights ago, the sun setting to the north of Mt. Hood. (Six months from now, it will have shifted to the south side of Mt. Adams.)

Mt5Mt2

Mt3

Mt4Mt6
I don’t recall that we got any great weather as a result of this “delight,” though. In fact, it’s just been cold and gray.

Cold enough and gray enough that I just don’t seem to be taking that many pictures lately. Aside from the above, I really haven’t had any huge spurts of creativity as far as pressing the shutter goes.

But who says you have to press a shutter to create a picture? I try to be subtle when I edit photos, but every once in awhile, I just get the urge to do something wild.

Like starting with this picture…


…and turning it into this…
BigLamp

…and then taking this picture from the portraits Amanda took of me…
HallieIsh30
…and pairing it with the tree photo to make this!
BigLamp copy
“Very Narnian-looking, isn’t it?”

(Lucy Pevensie to Edmund at the beginning of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

So that’s where my spurt of creativity took me. What do you think? Too wild?

5 comments:

  1. Well, I think you have your answer, Halz!
    Enjoy your snow day =)
    Suze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful photos! You are so creative!!! I really like the picture of you walking under the tree with the lightpost! It is really cool! It does look like something out of Narnia!

    A Servant for Christ,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so not too wild. It is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love the pics. of Mt. Hood and the sunset! Also loved the pictures Amanda took of you. Don't get to see many of those on this site! :)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca,
    If you want to see pics of Hallie, I have an album full of her: http://heartofsalamander.org/node/2
    She's so pretty and fun to take pictures of!!
    Hope you enjoy!
    ~Amanda~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...