Tuesday, December 22, 2015

december, a list



eating:
ice cream. all the ice cream.

loving:
precious time spent reading the Bible and praying with my husband.

reading:
the second draft of my “book,” which I finished at last a few weeks ago.

listening to:
rain on the skylight nearly every hour of every day.

watching:
NCIS and lately re-watching Downton Abbey in preparation for the new season in January.

exercising:
almost exclusively with weights, and gosh it makes me hungry.

making:
scotcheroos for Christmas. I can’t believe it’s coming so soon.

waiting:
for snow. where are you, snow?

missing:
the sense of being home. I never thought I’d lose that permanently when I moved away to Florida three years ago.

working on:
a whole lot of personal growth and a list of things I want to learn in 2016.

thankful:
that God gives us a picture of Himself in His Word. That He didn’t leave us with a textbook or a history book or a novel, but with a self-portrait of His character.

praying:
for the wisdom to discern between grace and laziness, between truth and harshness, between sound debate and meaningless division.



Merry Christmas to all.

0 wonderful note(s):

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...