Sunday, May 24, 2015

happy memorial day + thank you defenders

 

Mday Mday2Mday9 Mday3 Mday4 Mday5 Mday6 Mday7 Mday8Mday13  Mday10 Mday11 Mday12Mday14

I love cemeteries, especially on Memorial Day Weekend. Today I saw the flags on my way home from church and I had to go back with my camera to relish the melancholy quiet of a day of remembrance. It blows my mind that every one of those hundreds of flags stands for someone who thought my freedom was worth their life.

Thank you to the defenders.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I enjoyed looking through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these pictures! Such a beautiful and inspiring scene. It's good to be reminded of the meaning of Memorial Day.

    God bless!
    Dani from A Vapor in the Wind

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second to last picture...<3 Oh my..love the unspoken story it tells.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...